Author Topic: called in to work! (Read 1,400 times)
summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 9, 2013 23:27:28 GMT -5 »

-nods a bit and takes the paddles from him, presses them to the mans chest and shocks him; watches the screen to see if a heartbeat appears when one doesn't she does it one more time, after a few moments a blip occurs on the screen and the man starts breathing again; sighs with relief, mumbling under her breath- Oh thank god. -clears her throat as she puts the paddles back and looks up at haynes- I'm going to go have Charlotte page Dr. Clark, he's really good at these bullet wounds.. it looks like a hallow point bullet was used by the damage and he's probably got a lot of internal bleeding.

haynes.

haynes. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 9, 2013 23:29:53 GMT -5 »

-eyes widen when he sees a heartbeat, not expecting it- Holy crap.. -takes the paddles and sets them back; nods at Summer- I'll scrub in and assist him. Awesome work, Summer. -smiles at her- I didn't think he had a chance, but you fought for him.

summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 9, 2013 23:34:26 GMT -5 »

-smiles back, using her shoulder to moves some hair out of her face- Thanks. I'm not one to give up on someone. I'll let Dr. Clark know you're helping. -nods a bit, holding her smile as she walks out of the room and heads to the nurses station, filling Charlotte in on everything that's going on-

haynes.

haynes. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 10, 2013 13:03:24 GMT -5 »

-smiles at her, then nods- I'll see you later... -watches her, still smiling; then shakes his head and rushes to the operating room; hurries to scrub in while they prep the patient for surgery-

summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 10, 2013 13:16:19 GMT -5 »

-heads back into the ER, blood on her scrubs, to check on her other patients; once she's done with that she heads towards the nurses station but runs into the deceased patient's family on the way, all of them looking frantic; stops to talk with them, finds out who they are and has to break the news to them that their loved one has died; frowning once she's done and leaves them to grieve, giving her condolences then heading back to the locker room; sitting down on a bench and putting her head into her hands once she gets there-

haynes.

haynes. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 9:45:44 GMT -5 »

-assists Dr. Clark with the emergency surgery, aiding him with the bullet extraction; it ends up being a rather quick surgery because of the lack of complications; he gives Dr. Clark a break by offering to close up the wound, and the doctor thanks him before leaving the operating room; carefully closes the wound and lets the nurses clean up the rest, thanking them all before leaving; tosses out the bloody cover over his scrubs and washes up, then heads to the locker room; sees Summer there and frowns, slowly approaching her- Hey...

summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 11:21:59 GMT -5 »

-hears his voice and lifts her head, smiling a bit- Hey. How'd the surgery go?

haynes.

haynes. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 11:37:53 GMT -5 »

-sits down beside her- It went flawlessly... you got him there. -smiles at her-

summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 11:43:58 GMT -5 »

-her smile widens- Oh good, I'm so glad. -sits up all the way- I had to tell the man who died's family what happened.. I hate doing that.

haynes.

haynes. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 11:46:22 GMT -5 »

-sighs gently, then nods; his arm wraps around her shoulders as he speaks- That's definitely the worst part of our jobs.

summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 11:50:54 GMT -5 »

-leans into his side and rests her head on his shoulder, sighing softly- I hate the looks on their faces, and it never get easier.. ever.

haynes.

haynes. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 12:26:11 GMT -5 »

-rubs her shoulder, squeezing it gently- I know, it'll never be easy. It's not supposed to. -rests his head on hers gently-

summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 12:32:45 GMT -5 »

I know. -softly sighs- I'm glad we could save the other two, though. I don't know if I could tell three different families in one night.

haynes.

haynes. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 12:40:01 GMT -5 »

I would've told them, don't worry. -presses a light kiss to the top of her head- I wouldn't have made you do it all.

summer..

summer.. Avatar

[send pm]

called in to work!
« Jun 11, 2013 12:50:41 GMT -5 »

Thank you. -smiles a bit, lifting her head to look up at him- You're always looking out for me.

Quick Reply